The Sr. Brand Strategist is responsible for providing strategic oversight to all agency clients as well as serving as the lead account manager developing integrated marketing strategies and being the liaison between 1558 Brand Agency and assigned clients. This role is responsible for seeing the big picture of the brand strategy and understanding how all the pieces fit together for our clients. The Sr. Brand Strategist must be able to think creatively and develop new ideas to help our clients grow. This role is critical to the success of the client’s marketing goals and will ensure long-term growth of our company by establishing strong relationships with our clients.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and assist in strategy development across all marketing disciplines for our clients, ensuring wellness of the client accounts, strong strategic plans are developed and executed, and ROI for marketing efforts.
- Assist with creating and establishing processes and templates for brand strategy, marketing plans, and results tracking
- Review strategies quarterly and provide feedback to a team of brand strategists and marketing coordinators
- Develop and execute 12-month integrated marketing communication strategies for assigned clients, based on their objectives, target audience, and budget, using leading-edge marketing practices that are innovative, effective, and measurable. Execution activities may include but are not limited to:
- Conduct brand and messaging strategy sessions
- Develop creative briefs for any marketing campaigns or projects and present to the assigned account team
- Compose and post online content on websites and social media accounts
- Plan and execute digital advertising campaigns
- Develop marketing literature (brochures, press releases etc) to augment the presence in the market
- Monitor and report on progress of the marketing efforts and present to client on a monthly basis
- Nurture client relationships by managing expectations, presenting strategic plans and obtaining approvals, pitching creative and campaign ideas, managing deadlines and budget, meeting with clients on a monthly basis and communicating weekly, and ensuring the client knows what is being done at all stages of the relationship.
- Work with the other 1558 Brand Agency team members to develop marketing plans that meet the client’s needs and budget. Tactics may include:
- Conduct market research – competitor analysis, new market potential
- Gather details from media outlets including media kits, editorial calendars, key contacts, and pricing
- Identify new opportunities for growth and research business development and thought leadership opportunities including speaking engagements, trade shows, and advertising.
- Manage a group of team members for each of your client accounts including writers, designers, web developers, etc.
- Provide regular briefs and project plans with objectives and milestones
- Communicate deadlines and budgets
- Provide feedback on work being completed
- Conduct performance evaluations and provide feedback
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, strategic communications, business or related fields.
- 5+ years of experience as an account manager or brand strategist.
- Proven management experience.
- Knowledge of market research techniques.
- Working knowledge of CRM software.
- Understanding of budgeting and reporting.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, negotiation, and leadership skills.
- Outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Hybrid work environment with both remote and in-person days
- Must be willing and able to meet deadlines which may require work on evenings and weekends
- Must have a laptop, internet connection, and phone
- $80,000 – $89,000 based on experience
- Health Reimbursement and Retirement Benefits Available